It’s been 10 days since I started my journey to self-improvement. #Project365 has been successful so far, but yesterday I missed one post on this blog. NO, I didn’t miss it on purpose nor did I procrastinate. I have a very good reason. I normally stick to my routine but yesterday was an exception.
A good friend of mine just gave birth and I need to be there to make sure that this little creature is not some alien species who’s gonna eat her alive. The little boy is cool, though, he smiled at me (I think) so we’re good. I’m fighting the urge to pick him up from the nursery and sing “baaaaaaaaah, soweeeenyaaah, mamabeeeatsabaaah”. ??
Anyway, it got me thinking. How awesome it is to start a new life, just like this little bundle of joy is starting his. We all have that moment in our lives when we just realize that things are not working anymore and we need a fresh start. Starting over is the best thing you can do when you hit rock bottom and you feel the need to complete your life again. But the big question is, how do you start? How to be like a newborn again?
- Be Patient. Like a newborn kid, most things take a time to grow and develop. Learn to be patient and be gentle with yourself. Starting over requires a lot of inner strength and faith. Treat yourself with love first and
- Accept the fact that you make mistakes, we all do. Accept the situation that you’re in right now and take responsibility even if you haven’t chosen it. Once you have accepted your current reality you will be at peace and ready to
- Embrace change. Change is often difficult, but many times it’s also for the best. As they say, life is constantly changing and we need to embrace it.
- Be grateful. I know, its gonna be hard especially when you hit rock bottom to fill your heart with gratitude and appreciation. But thinking of things that you don’t have won’t help. It will just make you feel worst. So focus on what you have NOW and appreciate all the things life gave to you so far.
- Start at the end. What do you want to achieve now that you decided to start over? Put that image in mind and feel it. Now that you have that picture in mind, just
- Let Go. Like a child, go with the flow of life and not against it. We have so many excuses, limiting beliefs, and expectations in life that often leads to dismay and failure. Learn to let go and have faith.
Now go out there and make it right this time. It’s a new chance in life. So, be ready for it. Believe in yourself and you’ll get there soon. Just wait and see.
How about you? How do you start again when you hit rock bottom? Let me know in the comment below. Let’s #DoMoreEveryDay! And please follow me on my social media accounts to keep posted on my progress.