It’s 10:30pm and I just got back got home. With only 2 hours of sleep, I could barely come up with a decent paragraph for this post. I’m fighting the urge to reach for more caffeine. I initially thought that working longer hours will get all my task list completed, but, to be honest, I feel defeated. Your body can only take so much and no matter how you force yourself to be productive, your mind and system need to recuperate. Here’s the lesson I learned, it is possible to get more done in a day without feeling overwhelmed. Here are some tips:
- Limit your To Do List. As much as possible stick to the priority task for the day and focus on completing that. Make sure as well to list attainable and realistic goals that you can complete for the day.
- Start the day with enough rest. Ever wonder why you feel more productive after a good night sleep or a week long vacation? It’s because you’re not exhausted and you’re properly rested. Getting a solid 8 or 9 hours of sleep should be sufficient enough to give you that power to complete your day task.
- Just focus on Today. Most of us (especially me), have the tendency to overcommit and add a task that could be done tomorrow or next week. Always focus first on priority and then work along the way as you complete each goal. Don’t feel anxious about all the things you know you need to do at some point but rather focus on the things you need to do TODAY.
- Don’t Overcommit. Always set small achievable goals for your day to day activities. Don’t overestimate what you can achieve in one day. Break down bigger projects to a smaller one. It will be much easier to complete plus you’re more likely to feel good about your progress. Making you do more each day.
- Schedule a Focus time. This is the time where you’re uninterrupted, where you schedule yourself to solely focus on completing a goal. No social media, no emails, no phone calls. Just you doing some hard work. Stick to your schedule and let other people know you don’t want to be disturb on that period. It will set boundaries and it will help you get more done in a day.
How about you? What tips can you share for getting more done each day? Let me know in the comment below. Let’s #DoMoreEveryDay! And please follow me on my social media accounts to keep posted on my progress.